Connect, Accept , Respond, Empower (CARE): How to Support LGBTQ Youth
Link to Trevor CARE Trainings page.
The Trevor CARE Trainings help adults who work with youth learn to “Connect, Accept, Respond and Empower” (CARE) young people in crisis. This training discusses LGBTQ-specific risk factors for suicide, explores protective factors that can lower these risks and how to help youth get the support they need.
After participating in this training participants will be able to:
- Discuss the unique challenges facing LGBTQ youth in their home, school and other environments.
- Explain the risk factors and warning signs of suicide
- Describe how to respond to a youth who is at risk for suicide and connect them to appropriate resources
- Explain how to create supportive environments for all youth that promote resiliency and decrease the risk for suicide.
- Describe the services offered by The Trevor Project and how youth can access them