Find crime victim services in your area: Search by county
Confidential and anonymous Michigan Sexual Assault 24/7 Hotline and Chat:
- Hotline: 855-VOICES4 (855-864-2374)
- Chat: https://mcedsv.org/sexual-violence-hotline-chat/
- Text: 866-238-1454
- TTY: 517-381-8470
- Find information about sexual assault and abuse, the Michigan Sex Offender Registry, PPOs, Child Protective Services, health options, legal options and rights, and helping a survivor here: https://www.michigan.gov/voices4/
Confidential and anonymous Michigan Domestic Violence 24/7 Hotline and Chat:
- Hotline: 866-VOICEDV (866-864-2338)
- Chat: https://mcedsv.org/hotline-domestic-violence/hotline-chat/
- Text: 877-861-0222
- TTY: 517-898-5533
- Find more information about this hotline
Michigan Reporting Hotlines (Not Confidential)
Michigan Adult Protective Services
- Reporting line: 855-444-3911
- Call 24/7 if you suspect abuse, neglect or exploitation. This is a service to report abuse and is not confidential. Staff will investigate allegations within 24 hours after the report is received.
- Reporting line: 877-MI-CYBER (877-642-9237)
- Call to report cybercrimes including identity theft, social security fraud, internet crimes against children, and online scams. This is a service to report crimes and is not confidential.
- They can also be reached through email: MC3@michigan.gov
Michigan’s Child Protective Services
- Reporting line: 855-444-3911
- Anyone, including a child, who suspects child abuse or neglect, can make a report by calling. This is a service to report abuse and is not confidential.
National Free and Confidential Help
All crime victims
Victim Connect Resource Center
- Call or text 855-4-VICTIM (855-484-2846): available 9am-5pm EST Monday-Friday
- Web-based information and service referral: www.VictimConnect.org
- Provides confidential access to Victim Assistance Specialists with extensive specialized training where victims can learn about their rights and options confidentially and compassionately.
The National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Attorney Referral Service: Are you a victim of crime seeking legal representation in order to pursuit a civil case related to the crime that you are a victim of?
- Click here to submit a form to the Attorney Referral Service.
Tribal Resource Tool
- Are you seeking resources in your Tribal community? Click here to visit the Tribal Resource Tool, an online map of diverse community resources for American Indian and Alaskan Native victims and survivors of crime and abuse.
Domestic, intimate partner, and teen dating violence
National Domestic Violence 24/7 Hotline and Online Chat
- Hotline: 800–799–7233
- Chat: www.thehotline.org
- Text: Text “START” to 88788
Love Is Respect: Teen dating violence 24/7 Hotline and Chat
- Hotline: 866-331-9474
- Chat: www.loveisrespect.org
- Text: Text “LOVEIS” to 22522
- Call or text 24/7: 844–7NATIVE (844–762–8483)
- Live chat (click the chat icon): https://strongheartshelpline.org/get-help
- Call, text, or chat for a safe, confidential, and anonymous helpline for Native Americans affected by domestic violence and dating violence.
Child Abuse and Neglect
ChildHelp National Child Abuse Hotline
- Hotline: 800-422-4453
- Text: 800-422-4453
- Live chat: https://childhelphotline.org/
- Hotline (24/7): 888–373–7888
- Text (24/7): Text “BeFree” to 233733
- Chat: https://humantraffickinghotline.org/en/chat
Mental Health and Suicide
National Suicide Prevention 24/7 Lifeline provides free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- Dial 988 (see: https://988lifeline.org/)
- Chat: https://988lifeline.org/chat/
The Trevor Project: LGBTQ youth counseling
- Hotline: 866-488-7386
- Text: 678-678
- Chat: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/webchat
- Call: 800-RUNAWAY (800-786-2929)
- Chat: click here
- Call or chat if you are thinking of running from home, if you have a friend who has run away, or if you are a runaway ready to go home.
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Hotline: 800-THE-LOST (800-843-5678)
- Search missing children posters, report a sighting, find information about removing online pictures of minors: https://www.missingkids.org/gethelpnow
- Hotline: 800-662-HELP (800-662-4357)
- TTY: 800-487-4889
Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victim Assistance
- Hotline: 877-MADD-HELP (877-623-3435)